Wednesday, August 20, 2008
A whole show devoted to my wifes favorites (just a few of them) in celebration of our Anniversary.
• The Gossip = Standing in the Way of Control = Standing in the Way of Control – kill rock stars.
• My Life in the Thrill Kill Kult = Devil Bunnies = Kooler than Jesus – wax trax.
• Ike & Tina Turner = Crazy ‘bout You Baby = Great Rhythm & Blues Sessions – Tomato.
• Tower of Power = You’re so Wonderful, so Marvelous= In the Slot – WB.
• Jim Pepper = Reflections = the Path – enja rec.
• Goldfrapp = Number 1 (alan braxe & Fred Falke mix) = Number 1 EP – Mute.
• Ami Stewart = Light my Fire/137 disco heaven= Knock on Wood – Hot Classics/Trojan.
• The Five Blobs = beware of the The Blob = SciFi’s Greatest Hits vol.3 – TVT.
• Grace Slick = Dreams = Dreams – RCA.
• Waterbone = Eastern Girl = Tibet – Intentcity rec.
• The Gyuto Monks = Guhyasmaja Tantra chapter II = Tibatan Tantric Chior – Windham hill.
• Kenny Endo = Symmetrical Soundscapes = Eternal Energy – Asian Improv.
• Lucinda Williams & Taj Mahal = Gone Back Home = Every Woman’s Blues – Shanachie.
• Willie Nelson = Marie = The Great Divide – lost highway/UMG.
• Joan Baez = Caruso = Gulf Winds = A& M.
• Sweat Honey in the Rock =I be your Water = In this Land – Earthbeat.
• Joan Baez = Of the Dark Past = Baptism - Vanguard.
• The Ink Spots = a Lovely Way to Spend an Evening = Always – KRB.
• Harry Nilsson = Think About Your Troubles = the Point – Edsel rec.
• Suzanne Teng & Mystic Journey = Chicoy = Miles Beyond – www.suzanneteng.com .
• Snake Farm = Tom Dooley = Songs from my Funeral - RCA.
• Zhao Jipling = Summer/Flute solo = Raise the Red Lantern soundtrack – Milan.
• Weather Report = Cucumber Slumber = Live & Unreleased – Columbia.
• Kitaro = Yamadashi = Gaia = Domo rec.
• Genesis = Trick of the Tail = Trick of the Tail – Atco.
• Kitaro= Bell Tower= In Person – Canyon Rec.
.....and as for next week, I'm still deciding what to focus on, as yet unsure but I know I'm going to play mostly NEW STUFF! There is a whole lot of it in the station that I want to explore with you.